New Generation Christian
Fellowship Church was birthed out of the travailing pains of our Senior
Pastor, Apostle Mamie Harris. In February 1987, she answered the call to
minister to women by establishing the Victorious Women's Fellowship. In
1990, she acknowledged her calling to ministry and was licensed in May
of 1992, and was ordained in May 1996 as a minister of the Gospel to
serve the Lord at New Hope Baptist Church, Griffin, GA. She knows
without a doubt God has called her to minister to the broken-hearted,
and to set the captive free, according to Luke 4:18-19. “You Have The
Right To Be Free!"
In December 1996, after the
sudden death of her late husband, the Rev. Joseph Harris, then Senior
Pastor of New Hope Baptist Church, of Griffin, Georgia, she yielded to
her passion for the ministry. Apostle Harris made a conscience decision,
and took a leap of faith, forsaking a lucrative career with the U.S.
Office of Personnel Management (OPM) with 18 years of service, to
fulfill the call upon her life.
Later that same year, through
Mamie Harris Outreach Ministry, she began holding fellowship services at
Ashford Place Apts. on Carver Rd., here in Griffin, GA. In doing so, God
gave her a vision to reach the lost at any cost. To train and empower
believers to develop and become an effective part of the "Five-fold"
ministry team, according to Ephesians 4:10-11. Because of her faith in
God, and because she believed that she would receive the promise of God,
"that the people would come", she activated her faith, and stepped out
on that promise, the people came and yet continue to come.
In the fall of 1997, New
Generation was conceived; Mamie Harris Outreach Ministry began having
worship services at then, Faith Temple Assembly of God Church, 1344
North 9th Street, Griffin, GA., with a few faithful and committed
believers. They were, Sonya Harris-Crowder, Fredrick Dewberry, Johnnie
Dewberry, Ken Harris, Betty Josie, Anita McClain, Dejon Hunter, Eddie
Puckett, Brian Delaney, Sandra Puckett, Prentiss Puckett and Mary
Rosser. God revealed to her then, that this place would be our permanent
place of worship.
In February of 1998, New
Generation Christian Fellowship Church, Inc., was birthed and formally
established as a church body, and certified by the State of Georgia as a
501(c) (3), Non-profit Organization.
From February of 1999 thru
January 2003, New Generation relocated 3 times to reflect the continued
growth of our congregation. During this time of transition, Pastor
Harris was ordained as an Apostle in 2002, and also ordained many to the
ministry as Elders, Ministers, and Deacons. The New Generation Anointed
Voices released 2 CD's and Ken Harris released 1 CD. "What A Mighty God
Finally, in January of 2005, 7
years later, with faithful, consistent prayer and standing firm on the
Promise of God, He brought us back full circle. The property once owned
by Faith Temple now belongs to the New Generation Christian Fellowship
Church, and it is here that we stand at 1344 North 9th Street, in
Griffin, Georgia. "All Glory goes to GOD!!!"